We were in the process of building a website built on K2 when we were confronted with something ‘unusual’. We are using Simple Image Gallery Pro to create photo galleries for players of a volleyball club. You know how it works: you click a thumbnail, you get to see a bigger picture.
When we tried the feature, the result wasn’t quite what we expected:
The problem was located in the ‘popup engine’ we chose in the Simple Gallery Pro plug-in, or rather, didn’t choose as we used the default option.
The default option, Slimbox2, doesn’t quite work as planned. We could now go into details on how to fix this particular problem, but sometimes less is more.
The simple solution
Use one of the many other popup engines available in Sigpro. We decided to pick SimpleBox, ourselves, but you’re free to mix and match.
Here’s how you change the popup engine:
- In the top menu, go to Extensions > Plug-in Manager
- Find Simple Image Gallery Pro in the list of plug-ins, and open it. Tip: use “Simple” as a search term.
- Under Basic Options, look for “Popup engine for image galleries”
- Choose an option that isn’t “Slimbox2”
- Click ‘Save’.
This should solve the less than aesthetically pleasing mess that Slimbox2 created on your site. Enjoy!
P.S If you’re a tinkerer, you can try to fix the Slimbox issue yourself.
- Location of CSS files (You’ll have to find out what version you’re using): /plugins/content/jw_sigpro/jw_sigpro/includes/js/mootools/slimbox/
- Changes to be made: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15336690/slimbox-overlay-in-front-of-the-image
Best of luck, you elite hacker you 😉
3 thoughts on “Overlay problem in Sigpro? Change your popup engine.”
Hi Steven- My hobby is making stem cell sites with Joomla and K2. For that reason (since there are hardly good images of stem cells) I hardly need Sigpro. But just for fun I took a subscription (again) though and must say- the Greeks did a great job in the new version. Its a component now with the settings there- works nicely with multilingual sites and contrary to your article- the default pop-up tool is fancypopup not slimbox2 any longer. Just wanted to let you know.
Hi Fas, that’s great to hear. I just checked the info for the new version and the new features sound very interesting. I especially like how they now allow you to upload images when you’re in an article as opposed to only loading folders. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the new version!
I just change slimbox2 to slimbox(mootools) and it work.
Thank you very much.
Comments are closed.