Just moment ago, I was visiting a blog / site of mine, and I was thinking: “Geeh, wouldn’t it be easier if I could just publish items from the front page?” Indeed, it would be. I did a quick Google Search, and people seemed to agree with me. Don’t let the “explanations” you might have found online fool you, friends. It’s really easy to accomplish.
Submit K2 items from the front page – how?
Like I said, it’s really simple. You don’t need to install anything. Just follow these simple steps.
- Go to your administrator panel.
- Go to “Extensions > Module Manager”
- Find and enable the “K2 login” module. You find it in the modules list (try using “Search”), or add it by clicking “New” in the module manager screen and selecting K2 Login
- Place it in a module position of your choice. E.G mine is right below the good old “User Menu”.
- I suggest setting the Access level to “Special”. That way, the menu only appears when an Author (or higher) is logged in.
- Now, you’ll need to give users permission to submit / edit on the front page. Go to “Components > K2” and click “User groups”. Click the group that will submit items from the front page, and make sure “frontend item editing” is set to yes. Set the other settings as you see fit.
- Time for some testing! Go to the front page, and log in. You’ll now see the K2 Login menu, as seen below. See the “Add Item” link? That means it worked!
Keep on posting in a K2 world!