I should have known better than to try and postpone moving a site from our development server to it’s live environment on a Friday afternoon, merely an hour before I’d stop working. As usual, that’s why things go wrong.
After creating the back-up of the development server, I uploaded it to the server and fired up Akeeba Kickstart. (Read an article here on how to use Akeeba Kickstart with your own distro, an new article will come soon) Because of a bad experience with the mysql server the day before, I decided to create a new database. I decided to be as “safe as possible”, and generated this cool fellow:
I used Akeeka Kickstart to deploy the site on the live environment and this time I encountered no problems with the database. I was relieved. Until I tried to vied the site, and was greeted with the following message:
Infinite loop detected in JError
Solving this issue
I’m not claiming credit where it’s not due. An article in the Joomla! knowledge base explains perfectly what the cause of this problem is. To summarize, this file indicates that something’s wrong with your configuration file. Read the document for more information, it’ll set you on the right path.
As for me, the “problem” was… the password for the MySQL database. I’ve learned that, generally speaking, it’s not a good idea to end your password with a “. Or any other setting in the configuration.php file, as it turns out…