This blog post is a guest post by the developers of Codelobster PHP Edition, and was published as-is. If you have any comments or concerns, please use the comments.
For valuable work on creation of sites you need a good comfortable editor necessarily. There are many requiring paid products for this purpose, but we would like to select free of charge very functional and at the same time of simple in the use editor – Codelobster PHP Edition .
- Let us consider some important possibilities and advantages of this program:
- HTML/CSS inspector on the type of Firebug, which allows easily to correlate the selected elements of page with a code and proper style.
- Context help on all supported languages. By pressing F1 key the page with detailed description for current tag, attribute or function will be opened.
- PHP debugger. PHP debugger allows to execute PHP scripts incrementally, watching the values of all variables in every line.
- SQL manager allows to produce all necessary actions with a database – to add, delete, edit a structure and records in tables, to export data, execute SQL queries. Highlighting and autocompletion works for SQL files also.
- Support of FTP allows to work straight with a remote server and to do all necessary changes with files;
- Support for Version Control Systems: SVN, Git etc.
- The portable option allows to use editor without the preliminary installation.
- Other useful utilities: collapsing, tooltips, pair highlighting, possibility of blocks selection, navigation on descriptions of functions and included files at withholding of the key of CTRL, viewing of structure of files and project, preview in a browser, book-marks, and all other standard possibilities for work with a code.
For working with Joomla CMS Codelobster PHP Edition now has the following abilities:
- Ability to create project automatically installing Joomla CMS
- Ability to create new modules and components
- Joomla autocomplete
- Context and Dynamic help
- Joomla Template Preview (Theme Editor)
Also Codelobster PHP Edition has special plug-ins for working with: Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Node.js, AngularJS, Symfony, Magento, Yii and WordPress.